A common thing in medicine is that if you’re not using a muscle enough it will become weaker. That’s why, just like any other muscle, you also need to train the muscles of your eyes and keep them in good shape. We’ve put together a list of 9 scientifically proven ways to improve your eyesight:
1. First and foremost, don’t overstrain your eyes. Close them for a few minutes and just enjoy the peace while relaxing your eyes.
2. Give your eyes a massage once in a while using gentle circular motions. Place you index and middle fingers on the eyes and gently rub them. When doing this, you should feel a slight pressure and not pain.
3. If you’re wearing glasses, take them off every once in a while. Relax your eyes whenever you can by reducing the time you wear your glasses.
4. If your eyes feel tired and heavy, wash them with warm water.
5. Take a break from your computer or phone. Do this especially 2 hours prior going to bed.
6. Another one is simply carrot juice. Drink it as much as you can, but it is recommended at least once a day. To achieve and obtain the best results from this practice, you can add a few drops of olive oil into it. The taste will remain the same, but it will help you in absorbing the healthy elements of the carrot juice easily.
7. If you’re going out for a walk, try to focus your eyes to look at a bigger distance rather than focusing them on something in front of you or even down at your legs.
8. If you feel and irritation in your eyes in the evening, you can use aloe vera instead of regular eye-drops. You should consult your doctor on this matter beforehand.
9. There is an Indian Trataka exercise for the eyes. This exercise will help your brain and eyes stay more focused.
You should sit straight facing an stationary object placed in an open space. Focus your attention and eyes on this object. Get a firm, detailed version of the object in your mind and memory. Also, try not to blink during this time.
After that, close your eyes and focus your attention on the space between your eyes, where your nose combines with your forehead, and try to imagine the image of the object in your head. Do this for at least 10 minutes. This exercise is purely for you to achieve a clear image of something when it comes in your mind if you’re feeling tired.