The pansit pansitan is a herbal medicine which is also known as Peperomia pellucida Linn. This is known to be a common plant that we see mostly on the neighborhood grounds but what you will be amazed by is all about the curing powers of this herbs.
This plant is easy to find. It can easily be found growing wild on lightly shaded and or damp areas. The pansit pansitan is usually a small herb that grows about 40cm tall, not more than that.
The pansit pansitan has got easily spotted heart shaped leaves along with succulent stems that have tiny flowers on a spike. The fruits are also increasingly small, round to oblong in their shape, at first green but later they turn black.
The tiny seeds drop off for their easily growth in a group.This entire plant is edible both ways – cooked or raw.
The pansit pansitan has literally taken its place within the folkloric herbal medicine, thus providing health benefits for gout, arthritis and plenty of other diferent inflammatory conditions.
This particular herbal medicine contains plenty of health benefits, and some of them are – healing wounds, burns, skin boils, inflammations, abscesses, headaches, pimples, eye inflammations, kidney issues, diarrhea, sore throat, prostate issues, fever, renal issues, high blood pressure, mental excitement disorder.
The pansit panistan has been used all around the world, for an example:
- in Jamaica and in the Caribbean it is used for treating colds and as a diuretic for kidney issues
- in Brazil, it is used for conjuctivitis and abscesses, for lowering the cholesterol levels
- in Nigeria it is used for hypertension
- in Africa for tumors and convulsion
- in Bolivia for fever and for healing of wounds
- in South America the solution of the stem as well as the leaves is ues to treat eye inflammations, and the infusion of the leaves and stems can treat gout and arthritis
- in Ayurveda it is used for kidney infections, cough, pitta, constipation, urinary retention, urinary tract infections, dysuria, emaciation, general weakness and edema
- it is frequently used in salads because it contains the freshness as well as the crispiness of of celery and carrots
You can easily prepare a tea from this medicinal plant, and here is how – wash up the stems and the leaves, measure up two cups of water and a cup of the stems, then boil them up and set them aside to cool down.
Consume this three times in one day. Because it is such an amazing medicine, it can be stored and used for later in the day.
For the final warning, even though there are not any side effects that come from this particular plant, make sure you put it away from infants as well as babies. Avoid taking the pansit panistan even if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.