The diabetes is a disease that is able to alter your body by using the sugar in the blood, which is also known as glucose. This is a disease that affects about 21 million people just in the United States.
Make sure you keep on reading in order to find out how to manage with diabetes.
Types of the diabetes
There is the type 1 diabetes, which is also known as a juvenile onset or insulin dependent diabetes, which can make up about five to ten percent of the peple who are affected by diabetes.
In this type, your immune system will attack and destroy the cells which are able to produce the insulin (this is the hormone that allows the body to convert all of the glucose into energy.
Some of the most well known symptoms are fatigue, hunger, thirst, weight loss, frequent urination, numbness or tingling in the feet and blurred vision.
Then there is the type 2 diabetes, which is also known as the non insulin dependent diabetes, and it usually appears during childhood. In this particular form, the body can develop resistance towards insulin, meaning that the body is absolutely not able to use the insulin to produce the energy from the glucose, which can result in increased glucose levels.
All of this can lead the pancreas into producing less than the required amount of insulin, which can lead to insulin deficiency. Some of the most common symptoms of the type 2 diabetes are excessive thirst, excessive hunger, fatigue, blurry vision, sores that cannot heal easily, frequent or increased urination and much more.
Here are some natural remedies for the symptoms of diabetes
Even though there are several pharmaceutical options which are available for treating diabetes, you will be very satisfied to know that there are variety of options on a natural basis that can easily help you manage the symptoms of the diabetes that you may have hiding in your pantry right now!
Now, let us focus on some of the most famous and natural treatments options for diabetes:
- Carrots – other than improving the vision and the immune function, carrots are also excellent for managing diabetes. One small portion of the carrots is considered to be a free food, meaning it does not even need to be factored into the meal plan. Also, the beta carotene found in the carrots, will benefit people who are genetically predisposed to the type 2 diabetes, by lowering the risk of developing the disease.
- Fatty fish – peple who tend to consume fatty fish such as sardines, mackerel, halibut, salmon, albacore tuna for at least twice in a week have a much lower risk of an abnormal heartbeat, high blood pressure as well as inflammation. The fish is known to be low in cholesterol as well as saturated fats (which is the bad fat), and contain plenty of omega 3 fatty acids. The fish also contains mercury, so don’t try to overeat it, but you can definitely make it a regular addition to the weekly dieting plan.
- Blueberries – the regular consumption of the blueberries can help you maintain the blood sugar levels in a normal level. The blueberries are known for containing flavonoids, and they also have an anticancer effect and even lower the risk of diabetes. The blueberries get their dark colour from the anthocyanins, which is an antioxidant that is able to reduce the likelihood of type 2 diabetes by amazing 23 percent!
- Yogurt – the people who consume about two ounces of yogurt per day lower their riskod ever developing type 2 diabetes by 12 percent overall. When you choose the yogurt, make sure you go for the fat free variety and without any added sugars too. The yogurt can provide Vitamin D as well as calcium, as well as the probiotic bacteria tht can help lower the cholesterol too. If you want to make the yogurt a bit tastier, make sure you mix in some fruits such as berries, bananas etc.
- Aloe vera – several researchers have proven that the aloe vera, and people who consume its juice can help improving their blood sugar levels overall, whichcan be very beneficial for people who are dealing with diabetes. The aloe has also been known to decrease the fat in type 2 diabetes patients. In addition to this, the aloe vera can easily be used to speed up the healing of the wounds and decrease the swelling too, which are both common complications of diabetes.
- Lemon – the lemons are basically being sought after as a superfood mostly because of their high amounts of soluble fiber and Vitamin C, both of which have eagerly shown to benefit those people who are suffering from The soluble fiber has been shown to reduce the blood sugar levels all the while maintaining a healthy blood pressure levels and cholesterol levels. In addition to all of this, the Vitamin C can really help in decreasing the levels of fasting blood sugar and can even improve the insulin resistance too! Lemon has also been shownn to have a low glycemic index, making the body convert its carbohydrates fastly into glucose.
- Turmeric – the turmeric is a root of the ginger family and is native to Southeast Asia that is widely used as a cooking spice. Turmeric contains anti-glycemic properties which can help support the proper functioning of the pancreas, regulate and balance insulin levels and prevent insulin resistance in the body. One study from the year 2012 showed that the turmeric extract is highly effective at preventing the onset of type 2 diabetes. The research has also shown that the turmeric can even help in repairing the damage to pancreatic beta cells and also promoting proper insulin production.
- Green tea – the green tea is very high in antioxidant polyphenol, which is a hypoglycemic compound which will help in facilitating the release of glucose from foods. The polyphenol can also promote the efficient way of body to make use of the insulin. One study conducted in 2013 has shown that by consuming about six or more cups of green tea in a day can make you 33% less likely to have type 2 diabetes.
- Cinnamon – the cinnamon has been proven to lower the blood glucose levels by stimulating the activity of the insulin, and it should definitely be taken in its purest form in order to avoid the toxic compound which can easily be found in the regular cinnamon.
- Bilberry leaves – the bilberry is one northern relative of the European blueberry. The bilberry leaves contain the anthocyanosides, which are types of flavonoids that can give strength to the blood vessels, which can help people who are dealing with diabetes, and reverse diabetic retinopathy, weakening of the tissues on the back of the eye.
- Bitter gourd – this bitter gourd contains some bio chemical plant which is known for mimicking the insulin which is produced by the pancreas. The result of this action leads to reductiion in the blood glucose levels, and the bitter gourd also contains momordicin and charatin, which are two improtant compounds, also known for lowering the blood sugar levels.
- Flax seeds – the flax seeds are amazingly high in fiber, which means that they can easily assist in the digestion and lead to the efficient absorption of the fats as well as the sugars within the blood. The consumption of flaxseeds has been proven to reduce the post meal sugar levels in diabetes by amazing 28 percent!
- Psyllium husk – the extract from this particular product is well known as a laxative which forms in a gel like substance when it is combined with water. This is a gel that can help you slow the brakdown and the absorption of the glucose, and with this helping you to regulate the blood sugar levels with patients who are suffering from diabetes. This is a gel that can also help you protect the lining of your stomach from ulcers, which is another common syptom of the diabetes.
- Holy basil – the holy basil leaves can contain very strong antioxidants which produce eugenol, caryophyllene and methyl eugenol. These are the substances which can help in the proper functioning of the entire pancreatic beta cells, as well as increase the sensitivity to insulin.
- Indian blackberry – the Indian blackberry actually contains one molecule which is known as glycooside which is able to prevent the entire conversion of starch into sugar. This is why the blood sugar levels ale lowered as the insulin spikes are prevented as well.
- Neem – this is a bitter leaf which is native to India, and it has also been used in the Ayurvedic medicine for centuries now. This is a bitter leaf that is able to help you enhance the insulin reception sensitivity, improve the blood circulation though all the blood vessel dilation and lower the levels of glucose within the blood!
How about you try some alternative options too?
Here we will also present you with seven more suppements that can help you get in control over your diabetes. You should definitely check these with your doctor in order to see how you can properly incorporate them into your dieting plan:
- Gymnema Silvestre
- Fish oil
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Green Coffee extract
- Chronium Picolinate
In addition to all of these dietary supplements, there are even some small changes that you can make in your day to day routin in order to help treat the symptoms of diabetes in a better way –
- Exercise – definitely one of the most important factors that can help curb all oof the effects of the diabetes – exercise on a regular basis and put that into your daily routine. The exercise can help you improve the insulin sensitivity by naturally supporting the metabolism through the burning of fat as well as through the production of lean muscle. Exercising after the meal can also be considered particularly effective for maintaining the healthy blood glucose levels.
- Acupuncture – the acupuncutre has been proven to benefit the symptoms shown in the diabetes in the following manners – it is able to lower the blood sugar levels, it is able to decrease depression as well as the anxiety, it can increase the gastric emptying time, it can increase the circulaton and range of motion in the musculoskeletal condition, and it can even alleviate the painful peripheral neuropathy all the while preserving the function of the nerves. There have been several studies who have shown that the regular acupuncture improved the function of the pancreas.