Vinegar is arguably one of the most useful substances known to man, at least when it comes to making home life easier, less expensive and healthier.Continue reading “10 Awesome Vinegar Life Hacks Everyone Should Know”
Before we go to sleep at night, many of us want to reflect on what has happened to us during the day and we wish we could have gotten things done differently, eaten better, worked out or asked our boss for the long overdue raise.Continue reading “15 Mantras to End the Day Feeling Good Enough”
Story at a Glance
- LEDs emit non-analog light that typically has excessive blue frequencies. Regular exposure, especially after sunset, will contribute to worsening of sleep and an increase in diseases.
- When using LEDs, you might end up with increased cellular damage and decreased repair and regeneration.
- You have cells in your retina which are responsible for producing melatonin, which regenerates the retina during the night. If you use LED lights after sunset, you reduce the regenerative and restoring capacities of your eyes, increasing the risk for developing macular degeneration, a leading cause of blindness.
- LED light can exacerbate chronic disease of all kinds by promoting mitochondrial dysfunction and suppressing energy production.
- LED light, including that from electronic screens, suppresses melatonin production, which disrupts sleep, and also causes far-reaching health consequences.
The oldest living vertebrate animal on the planet, that we know of, is a female Greenland shark that is an astonishingly 400 years old. Researchers found her swimming around in the Arctic. She takes the prize for longevity with a lifespan that outpaces all of the oldest living animals found; except for Ming the clam who reached an age of 507 years before some scientists killed it by accident when trying to find out how old it was. The irony…Continue reading “The Oldest Living Vertebrate Has Been Found In the Arctic and It Is a 400 Year Old Shark”
Some severe diseases such as asthma, bronchitis and coughing might have serious consequences if they are left untreated for a long period of time. Namely, these conditions require antibiotic treatment, but if we use these pharmaceutical products too often, the likelihood of antibiotic resistance will increase.Continue reading “14 Plants to Clean Your Lungs and Stop the Coughing, Bronchitis and Asthma”
Millions of people are suffering from chronic pain without being aware that one if the mean causes for it can be stress. Latest studies are showing that people who struggle with anxiety and stress constrict their muscles, which causes fatigue and cramps, headaches and IBS.Continue reading “12 Places Your Body Stores Stress and What They Reveal About Your Emotions”
Swiss psychiatrist Herman Rorschach has developed a test to study the human psyche, based on spots from oil. The method is quite interesting, since the pictures are triggering the imagination to make pure assumptions, comparable to the content of the picture.Continue reading “Rorschach’s Test That Will Tell You What Is Happening in Your Head”
When is a headache more than just a set of throbbing temples and pain? When that headache is a migraine headache, then there is more than just a nasty and blunt pain from the neck up. Migraine sufferers know that these headaches are a special kind of awful, visual auras, nausea, fatigue and disorientation can all accompany the crippling plain that comes along with a migraine.Continue reading “The Connection between Vitamin B and D Deficiencies and Migraine Headaches According to Science”
Beets have a number of amazing health benefits and have an important place in a healthy diet. Beets are a sweet root vegetable and are full of important vitamins and minerals. Both the red beet root and the beetroot greens can be eaten hot or cold in delicious salads, soups and meals.Continue reading “Science Based Proven Health Benefits of Beets, Anti Inflammatory Beet and Ginger Juice”