Caustic soda (or chemical name sodium bicarbonate) has many industrial, food and health purposes. Baking soda has a low price and its numerous applications in cleaning, maintaining hygiene and medicine, it is recommended to always have at hand.
It is usually taken in solution with water to facilitate gastric acids and acid indigestion (indigestion). For use as first aid, baking soda can be used for the treatment of burns while waiting for medical help.
The Power of Baking Soda
In cases of acidosis sodium bicarbonate may be given intravenously by doctors to raise the pH of the blood. It can also be used locally as a paste to relieve itching or redness due to inflammation.
Here are some uses of baking soda what you didn’t know:
- In order to ease your muscles – drink water mixed with baking soda
- Relieve hands and feet from itching – mix 3 tbs. of baking soda with 1 tbs. salt, 1 tbs. peppermint oil with warm water. Soak your feet or hand for 20 minutes
- Clean hair – Bicarbonate of soda can help remove accumulated debris from hair conditioners, foams or gels. Simply add one teaspoon of baking soda in your shampoo bottle. If you use a swimming pool, then it is desirable to wash your hair with a solution of baking soda. Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda with half a liter of water and wash your hair to remove chlorine and to restore the exuberance of hair
- Clean combs and hairbrushes – Not only your hair but your hair brushes become substrate for deposition of residues of hair care products. Spray hair or natural oils from the scalp easier to remove the brush if immerse in warm water with two tablespoons of baking soda
- Hands without strong smell – Mix 3 teaspoons of baking soda with one teaspoon of liquid soap and rub your hands to remove the smell of fish, garlic or onions
- Clean and whiter nails – Pour some baking soda on an old toothbrush and brush it with nails and toes. Thus, and will soften cuticles, and so he will clean and whiten nails often turn yellow from the use of nail polish in strong colors
- Whiter teeth – On the brush with toothpaste put a little baking soda and wash your teeth. It considered that sodium bicarbonate is natural bleach for teeth
- Relaxing feet – Rest your feet after a hard day with a mini bath of hot water and 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- Fresh breath – Dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Drink a sip and then spit the liquid. Odors in the mouth will be neutralized
- Less smell in the fridge – Refrigerator leave small open bottle with baking soda. It “absorbs” the smells. Change the bicarbonate of soda every 3 months or sooner if it starts to absorb odors too. If you have a problem with “nifty” refrigerator, clean it with water and baking soda
- Cleaning the microwave – Put baking soda on a sponge and rub it oven
- Cleaning of burnt pans – You made a small mistake in the kitchen and finished with burnt pan? You ask for help baking soda. Place pan in baking soda and pour hot water. Allow to soak for a few hours, and before you clean it a little to warm the ring for the water to boil
- Shinier silver – Mix baking soda and water in the ratio of 3: 1 (3 teaspoons baking soda and some water) and the mixture rub the silver items. Finally, wash them with water
- Refresh carpets – If a certain place on your carpet for one reason or another there is a strong odor, spray it with baking soda. Wait for 2-3 hours and then go to gathering the bicarbonate of soda with a vacuum cleaner
- Cleans face – Baking soda effectively will remove dead cells and relieve pores. A soda antiseptic action prevents inflammation and redness of the skin. What we need to do is mix it with soda water to make a thick porridge. Apply it on the face with circular movements for a period of 2-3 minutes. Then rinse with warm water, and then to be blocked pores – cold. Finally moisten your face with moisturizer
- Removing herpes apply a little baking soda on the affected area – Soda will neutralize bacteria and herpes will disappear very quickly
- It helps with cystitis – Infections of the urinary tract can also be removed with sodium bicarbonate. Dissolve 1 spoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink the mixture. In the days when the pain is very strong, drink once or twice a day
- In the treatment of gastric acid caustic soda works by neutralizing excess stomach acid – It also can be used to treat sour indigestion and nausea. It is safe to be used in small quantities. As a general rule, one teaspoon baking soda should be dissolved in a glass of warm water
- Baking soda can prevent the development of some types of kidney stones – Before starting with the regime with baking soda, it should consult a doctor. In the case of urinary tract infections, there is anecdotal evidence that baking soda can have beneficial effects by raising the pH of urine and reduce bacterial proliferation.
It is important to note that baking soda should never be used for any medical application without prior consultation with a doctor. The use of baking soda can be dangerous for people with allergies or medical conditions that make them more sensitive to sodium.